Source: Flix magazine (Japan), 2003. Many thanks to Rose Mari for her assistance with the translation!
NOTE: This is a report of Dan’s trip to Japan with Harry Potter producer David Heyman in December 2002 to promote “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets”, retold in comic strip format. See the comments below the picture for a rough translation of what is happening at each numbered point of the comic strip.
- Press: Is there a role that you would really like to play?
Daniel: I really want to be a voice on the Simpsons!
- Daniel was nervous because he didn’t know what would happen next. But then, he is only 13 years old. He likes cartoons and still acts like a kid.
- The press asks “Can you give us a wave?” so Daniel obliges.
- Daniel says, in Japanese: Nihonno minasan konnichiha Daniel Radcliffe desu. Nihon ni kurukotoga dekite daikanngeki desu. (Hello Japan. I am Daniel Radcliffe. I’m really excited that I could come to Japan!)
- Press: What good things have happened to you since you appeared in the movie?
Daniel: I was lucky enough to have the chance to meet famous people, like Ben Stiller and Tim Robbins.
Press: If you could do magic, what would you like to be able to do?
Daniel: I would like to be able to fly on a broom. And I would like an invisibility cloak so that I could get into rock concerts!
- David Heyman: “Rupert Grint, who plays Ron, told everyone after the premiere: ‘All the teachers at school suck up to me!’ But he was found out and as a punishment, he was made to tidy up the sports shed!”
Daniel (laughing): Really??
- If there was an action figure of Daniel, it would become a hit!
- Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto. As Daniel travels, the press travels with him. Daniel spent a day in Kyoto, where he meditated in the rock garden of the temple.